“I’m stuck,” “Hold on,” “I’m waiting for something…” Unfortunately common expressions that deserve an emoticon. I whipped up a little gif to use in my Slack channels and I’d like to share it with you if you’d like 😀
Here’s the file:
If you’re new to using custom emoji in Slack, here’s a refresher:
1) Expand the emoji dialog in the lower right.
2) Scroll all the way to the bottom, or select the custom emoji tab in the upper right.
3) Open the link that says “add custom emoji here”. This will open up your slack account in a browser.
4) Give it a name. Custom emoji names can only contain lower case letters, numbers, dashes and underscores (no spaces).
5) Upload the file that you just downloaded above.
6) Hit the “Save New Emoji” button.
That’s it! Slack will show you how your new emoji will look inline.
The next time you open Slack, your Spinning “Beach Ball” Pinwheel emoji will show up under your “Custom” set.
From all of us at The Smyth Group, ‘hope you never have to use it!